Eugene Oregon Lifestyle Portrait Photographer | South Eugene Senior | Kelsea

As the colors of fall slowly disappear and the dreariness of winter sets in (yes, I think winter here is dreary unless it snows), I am so thankful that I got to meet Kelsea and take her portraits on such a beautiful day as we had. This day was anything but dreary. We were able to capture the beauty of fall here in the Willamette Valley before it literally blew away! This session with Kelsea was one of the most fun sessions for me because Kelsea was willing to let me try different lighting scenarios on her. The more excited I got, the more excited she got! We definitely fed off of each others energy and ended up having a blast! There were so many beautiful images, I really had a hard time picking favorites…but here they are!

I could not decide which process I liked better on these two poses below

No strobe or strobe?

The more I use off camera lighting, the more I love it!

So tell me, what’s your preference after looking at these images? Off camera lighting or not?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share onFacebook Tweet toTwitter Pin onPinterest EmailSubscribe
  • November 29, 2009 - 5:29 pm

Shannon P - Very interesting use of the off camera lighting in an outdoor setting. I like it! On images 7 & 8, I like 7, (the darker image). The black really brings out your subject! Between images 9 & 10, I like 9…for the same reason. Images 11 & 12…I prefer no strobe but only because I like the natural light. Overall, a beautiful job! Your friends are so right…your work is amazing!!!

• November 20, 2009 - 9:03 pm

Kelsea Lee - kim, i love these!! i can’t thank you enough for what a wonderful job you did. the experience was so much fun and the pictures are so great. i really appreciate how amazing this whole thing was. i think my favorites are the ones by the shed and the ones we took by the road.

• November 20, 2009 - 1:09 pm

Katie Anderson Photography - I like the processing on the right : ) And these photos certainly are not dreary!

• November 20, 2009 - 11:42 am

Kim - The sun was going down pretty quickly during this session so the lighting was definitely changing…almost all of these images were shot with off camera lighting except for maybe two…but you’re right, Mel, I did make some of these look darker than it actually was…and I liked it. 🙂 There’s that difference in what each photographer likes. 🙂

Taylor! Miss you, Lady. And thank you for your sweet comment.

• November 20, 2009 - 11:00 am

Melanie Jade - PS. Except I love the lighting on the 5th and 6th/7th images, even though it’s strong, soooooo, hmmmmmm, just keep playing 🙂

• November 20, 2009 - 10:58 am

Melanie Jade - Okay, I love that you are loving off camera lighting cause that can set you apart from so many other photographers out there right now, but I think it may be just a little strong, cause I want it to still look like day time and not night time. There is my input 🙂 Love ya girly, you rock, and this senior is adorable!

• November 20, 2009 - 9:20 am

Taylor b - Your work is AMAZING!!! You inspire me with every click of your camera 🙂